Friends of the BAAR provides travelers with information about the Beartooth Highway as well as maintaining websites and providing support to visitor centers near the Byway.
As a 501 (c)(3) organization FBAAR relies on contributions from supporters to continue operations. Contributions provide operating dollars each year, and the organization is continually searching and applying for grants that will fund specific projects. However, the most effective way for FBAAR to secure funding for both project and operating expenses is through direct donations.
Some of the specific projects FBAAR will be working on in 2014 include:
- Maintaining web and social media presence in order to provide visitors with the most current Beartooth Highway information available
- Managing the Beartooth Highway Public Information Program in partnership with the Federal Highway Administration to provide updated construction information.
- Working with Cooke City on interpretive projects at the new Cooke City Montana Mining Museum and Visitor Information Center
- Designing interpretive panels for Red Lodge and Cody Chamber/Visitor Information Centers
- Printing the Beartooth Highway Wayfinding map for distribution
- Responding to phone and email inquiries regarding travel on the Beartooth Highway and regionally.
- Raising matching funds for NSB grant to complete Interpretive Plan on BAAR
By using the link provided on this page contributions can be made to specific projects that FBAAR is already working on (listed above), or can be made as general contributions that will be spent as the Friends of the Beartooth All-American Road sees fit. Please take a moment and contribute today!